Saturday, July 11, 2009

Not gonna happen

Despite the fact that at this very moment my husband is prowling around the empty (floorless) attic above the kitchen and dining room, let's not kid ourselves that I will have a new kitchen anytime soon.

I should have known this. All the signs were there. 10 hr days with 1 hr commute each way, meals, sleep, sex, chores and the damn green pool -- were we really expecting a huge project to even get underway????

yes.

stupid us. or maybe just stupid "me". I left out the parties every weekend that we are not away camping, which is almost EVERY weekend. While this is quite entertaining, it is not very conducive to getting major renovations done at home.

so

I'm going to stop my manic/depression cycles regarding the kitchen and just assume it won't be started until .... January? Let's face it - October starts crazy outage schedules that last through November, so why even bother starting in Sept when there's bullets to mold and more trips to take?

These are the facts, and they are undisputed.

(Sorry, I watched A Few Good Men the other day and some of my favorite lines are from it)

No comments: