Friday, March 12, 2010

Coffee Station

This pic belongs with the bottom caption, just can't figure out how to move it


bottom drawer: this is coffee stuff we don't use every day: the carafe, grinder, 2 cup maker, travel mugs, wide mouth funnel (I use to pour coffee into the small coffee canister I use with the 2 cup maker). The front row of this drawer is what the kids use when they make themselves tea: honey (in it's own liner to keep the drawer from getting sticky), tea, electric kettle
middle drawer: the basics for coffee - regular, decaf, specialty, instant, filters, special tea. I used brown shelf liner for all the coffee station drawers, though I like the Ikea gray liner much more. Also, props for the Ikea drawers! Even this middle drawer is deep enough to hold the wholesale club size coffee cans standing up


top drawer: I'm not sure what I'm going to keep in here once the coffee cups are hung on the wall! Love the spoon rest and coffee spoons I got at Ikea. They are around an inch shorter than a teaspoon, so they're easy to keep separate from the other spoons. I wanted something specifically to keep in the drawer for stirring coffee, and a spoon rest to keep with them. I also have our everyday medicines in the drawer - stuff we want easy access to: daily meds (days of the week dispenser), multi vits and C (clear top containers), the pestle for crunching up the dog's daily med (I know, I know, but she's a member of the family and it's something we use every day), plus Motrin and aspirin and prescriptions to refill the daily med dispensers.





These pics may be a little misleading because I am posting this before the prep sink is in and the countertop is just the tile laid in place. The wall hanging will go above the coffee pot, and above the prep sink will be all my favorite coffee mugs hung as usable art on black hooks.





























2 comments:

The Mind of Sue said...

Oh coffee - this is so exciting!

The Beat in My Head said...

You should work for Clean House..