Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Okay, NOW I remember

why I got a job in the first place.

because when you are not working the whole house becomes your responsibility.

Not that it wasn't still all your responsibility when you were working, but NOW there's no excuse why everything can't get done and be perfect, because YOU'RE NOT WORKING! Yay you!

And guess what? you better cook, too. Every night. And pizza doesn't count.

And guess what else? They secrectly expect you to make desserts and treats. An actual quote from my child on the night before the first (half) day of school: "So Mom, what pastry are you going to make us for tomorrow? You are going to be at home now, right?" They think there should be home baked treats every day after school.

Now tell me, how am I supposed to read a book a day if all this housework and cooking keeps getting in my way?

No comments: