Sunday, March 8, 2009

I am NOT your friend!

grrrr.....I just checked my old Juno account, and a bunch of people from my high school must have discovered Facebook and are making friend requests. The first one happened to be one of my best friends in high school. I was Ok with that, not that I ever go on Facebook unless it's when someone requests me as a friend. Then I continued down my 2000+ email inbox and found at least 10 more (so far) requests from random people I haven't talked to in 25 years.

I couldn't help saying out loud, "I am not your friend!". by the 10th one I was really getting aggravated and decided the world (or at least my little corner of blogger) needed to know my position on this.

If we talk less than once a year, I am NOT your friend.

You may be a very nice person, but that doesn't make us friends.

Maybe Facebook needs to come up with a new category. Here's some of my suggestions:

-I used to know you and you were pretty nice
-We graduated high school together and you weren't a total jerk
-I didn't really even talk to you in high school, but maybe you keep in touch with my old boyfriend/girlfriend and I want to know what he/she's been up to
-I vaguely remember you so I want to add you to my Facebook so it looks like I have a lot of friends

*My Choice*

- casual acquaintances from the past that I don't mind acknowledging but don't really want to get involved with..and by the way, don't add me to your joke/prayer/inspirational /tupperware party email list, either! If I REALLY liked you that much, we'd still be friends.


And I'm not a cranky person...

2 comments:

The Mind of Sue said...

no - its a piece of it. Originally it was only 8' x 12'. Grant just cut out the part with the trees on it.

i don't re-paint.

And on the Facebook side - i understand, and feel pity. Luckily none of my friends added me to their tupperware lists...

The Mind of Sue said...

I see what you thought! But no - I didn't do a sample for that one. The trees were pretty simple.

I would love to see your tormented trees sometime. I should drag Grant down to see yous peoples some evening soon. Next week sometime maybe? I think all our nights this week are full.